This is quite the extensive update about our class, and important info will follow about next week, towards the end of the post.
We had a great class meeting today, and I'll try to summarize it.
1. The class evaluated the restrictions set in place earlier this year, and we're yet again allowed in all the parks throughout the school grounds, which will be evaluated weekly.
2. A new student is starting tomorrow - Ritvik
3. We answered the question "Why do people come to school", and these were our students' responses

I wonder what our parents would answer to this? Maybe have that discussion during dinner tomorrow.
Academics right now:
Due to our charming class wanting to meet Ritvik, we had to cut our math lesson short today, so we'll get our HW later on. But, we did get to start our work with decimals, which is based on the use of money.
For science we're making crystals at the moment, and we'll see where that leads us. I'll try to get a few pictures if I remember to get my camera out on science Fridays.
For social studies we're watching the news every Tuesday, and working with Sweden. Now, since having finished our animal posters, we will just touch base with our Gamla Stan excursion before starting our work with Swedish provinces.
For English a few activities are standard during the week: updating our journal, silent reading, listening to Harry Potter, read and work with partners in 2en, spelling bee, and our grammar lesson which is focusing on reading comprehension for a while. And, for the remaining lessons we will soon start a longer project working with "Number the Stars". This has a few cross-curricular aspects connected to it, so certain things may be put on stand-by from lesson to lesson.
I did my second summary reading session yesterday. Four students had no summaries in their folders yet, and a bunch of students only a single summary. I know that some of our students had theirs done, but just didn't bring- or get them in the folders on time. Now, in two weeks I'll have my next summary session, and by then I really expect everyone to have stuck to our reading schedule.
Now IMPORTANT information about the coming weeks.
October 3 - Student council
October 5 - Orienteering day - School starts at 09:00 and school ends at 13:30 on this day.
For orienteering you will need the following:
- Clothes for running in the forest - check the weather prognosis in the morning
- Packed lunch - the school lunch hall is closed for the day
- Spill-proof water bottle
- Wrist watch, or mobile phone ...if possible, and only a phone if you have clothes with a zipper
- Extra shoes and socks
October 24 - International day. For this more information will follow, but in short - International day will as always have: an event for our students during the day, an irregular schedule, and lastly a lovely dinner party where all the schools parents bring in traditional food from our countries to share.
Smaller things will also pop as always.
I think that was just about it, so thank you for making it to the end of the info rant.
//Teacher John