It's finally starting to show... the light at the end of the tunnel is near.
Soon things will be back to normal... or at least close to it.
For now, this blog will primarily be used for weekly newsletters, homework and pictures of excursions and work. In the meantime, I'll also be working on changing outdated links and updating everything.
A short update.
-Today the school received new laptops, and the systems have been changing servers the past few days. Thus currently I do not have access to my email and the address may change when I receive one. So, I would love if someone could inform new parents by replying and adding the url: simonsen4-6.blogspot.com to one of my previous emails.
Current schedule
On Fridays we end the week with a weekly quiz that will have questions from all topics covered throughout the week.
English:
For now we'll continue with P.A.Ws, but a new system is in development. We're reading Holes in class, and working around the book.
Mathematics:
We'll follow the curriculum for now, and I'm going to update the Math tab on this site with links to Khanacademy. In addition, we now have our Nomp accounts, for which we'll learn about and use during lessons during the term.You're welcome to login, change the settings to English and change your password, and if you don't, we'll do it during class. If you login, you can practice freely (although the focus right now is on decimals, fractions and percentages)
Username: rbs"insertfirstname"2023 example rbsjohn2023
Password: 1234
Science:
For now we're exploring our solarsystem and the universe. For this, a test will follow at the end, with lots of practice along the way. After Astronomy we're continuing with our NTA project of Magnets and Motors.
Social Studies:
Geography, Religion, and History will revolve around river cultures starting with the Fertile Crescent (Mesopotamia), moving into Egypt, China and India. For Religion it'll be a dive into Judaism, Hinduism and Buddhism. This will be followed by Family, Economy and Sexuality.
Homework.
Tuesday: Receive P.A.W and Math homework (More HW can be added for other classes)
We're correcting P.A.Ws on Fridays, and we'll correct our math on Mondays.
If you have any questions, well for now... you can't really reach me unless you come to class, as email is nonfunctioning. Other than that I really want you all to know how much I appreciate being back, and I hope this will be a fun year filled with lots of challenges and learning opportunities. It'll be a heavier workload, but think of it as a greater reward in the end :)
Kind Regards,
//Teacher John
Soon things will be back to normal... or at least close to it.
For now, this blog will primarily be used for weekly newsletters, homework and pictures of excursions and work. In the meantime, I'll also be working on changing outdated links and updating everything.
A short update.
-Today the school received new laptops, and the systems have been changing servers the past few days. Thus currently I do not have access to my email and the address may change when I receive one. So, I would love if someone could inform new parents by replying and adding the url: simonsen4-6.blogspot.com to one of my previous emails.
Current schedule
On Fridays we end the week with a weekly quiz that will have questions from all topics covered throughout the week.
English:
For now we'll continue with P.A.Ws, but a new system is in development. We're reading Holes in class, and working around the book.
Mathematics:
We'll follow the curriculum for now, and I'm going to update the Math tab on this site with links to Khanacademy. In addition, we now have our Nomp accounts, for which we'll learn about and use during lessons during the term.You're welcome to login, change the settings to English and change your password, and if you don't, we'll do it during class. If you login, you can practice freely (although the focus right now is on decimals, fractions and percentages)
Username: rbs"insertfirstname"2023 example rbsjohn2023
Password: 1234
Science:
For now we're exploring our solarsystem and the universe. For this, a test will follow at the end, with lots of practice along the way. After Astronomy we're continuing with our NTA project of Magnets and Motors.
Social Studies:
Geography, Religion, and History will revolve around river cultures starting with the Fertile Crescent (Mesopotamia), moving into Egypt, China and India. For Religion it'll be a dive into Judaism, Hinduism and Buddhism. This will be followed by Family, Economy and Sexuality.
Homework.
Tuesday: Receive P.A.W and Math homework (More HW can be added for other classes)
We're correcting P.A.Ws on Fridays, and we'll correct our math on Mondays.
If you have any questions, well for now... you can't really reach me unless you come to class, as email is nonfunctioning. Other than that I really want you all to know how much I appreciate being back, and I hope this will be a fun year filled with lots of challenges and learning opportunities. It'll be a heavier workload, but think of it as a greater reward in the end :)
Kind Regards,
//Teacher John