Hi everyone,
I hope you're all enjoying your day without me 😜
We have spent the past few math lessons working on how to multiply by finding patterns we can use for mental calculations ex. 4 x 35 x 25 (4 x 25 = 100 which leads to 100 x 35 = 3,500), but also by using a standard method.
345
x 54
0
Answer
By now almost everyone have worked out how and why we place the zero in our standard algorithm, but one or two students still need a little help with this.
The main area of difficulty has been the multiplication part of it. Twice a week we will have a two minute multiplication test before starting our lesson, but the practice has to come outside of school. I, therefore, want to remind my students to go to the numeracy blog and try out the four activities I have linked under multiplication.
With some practice, I hope we'll all ace the tests and algorithms soon enough.