Hi everyone,
I got so worried Friday, because Marian came bursting into the classroom, asking me if I knew about what happened Thursday. But, I was pleasantly surprised when I realised that 4en had found a phone, returned it, and was now receiving chocolates as gratitude. This made my day.
For Friday we had two extra little helpers in the class, which means that we'd to postpone creating our own batteries until next week. Instead, we enjoyed an episode of Frozen Planet and ate some chocolate.
We/I made changes to the spelling bee, which opened for a new winner this week. The students can choose whether they'd like to spell the word, or explain the word through context, by using it in a sentence. I'm really happy to see that the entire class grasps the weekly spelling words, and even remember the previous week's words, but I increase the difficulty by using our Totto Chan vocabulary after this. We had Shaun, Rohin, Inay, Pascale and Soon-Hwan in the finals, and Shaun took home the win.
For the coming week, we have a study day on Thursday. This means that we have a sleep-in morning, starting at 9, and I still expect that we will go swimming at the end of the day.
Other than that, I hope you've been hard at work in your geometry books, as I hope we will find the time for a geometry test this coming week: shapes, symmetry, perimeter and area.
I think that's just about it.
//Teacher John