Wednesday, 13 November 2019

Homework week 46, and short update regarding current work at school

Hi Everyone,

First homework:

- Mathematics: 9-1 to 9-3 in the workbook, due Tuesday 11/18/19 (Practice on Nomp if you have some extra time).

- English: Read the text for Friday 11/15/19, to your parents, and talk about narratives in 1st, 2nd and 3rd person. Over the weekend we're going receiving a worksheet regarding these narratives, due Tuesday 11/18/19.

Update!!

Remember to come and have fun at the Halloween Disco Friday evening. Not only are you allowed to dress up during the day, but, as the year 9s told us, there's a price for the best costume, so come and have a great time at the spooky disco. Either buy the ticket at school during a break tomorrow, or buy it a bit more expensive at the door when you arrive on Friday. If I understood it correctly, once could also bring some pocket money to buy a few snacks or a ride in the spooky tunnel as well.

We're now in week 46, and we have National Oral tests in week 48/49. English 11/26/19 and Mathematics 11/28/19. Last I heard there was double booking with 7-9 national tests for our Swedish, but I haven't heard any other days than 12/04/19.

This year's National test English topic is "Friends from abroad", and we'll have the tests in small groups of 3-4. You do not need to prepare anything for this, but brainstorming "Friends from abroad" at home or with friends could help guide you if you get stuck in what to say during the group conversations.

For Math we've covered Fractions, Decimals and Percentages in depth previously this year, and we're currently working on Geometry, focusing on angles to begin with.



For Science the next two complete Thursdays are set aside for our project regarding Magnets and Motors. These will be intense days with lots of work and evaluations.

For Social Studies, after some wonderful filmed presentations of Mesopotamia, we have divided the class into group for India, China and Egypt. We have great expectations on presenting these river cultures, and all groups have to prepare a test for the class to take after their presentations or films. We're working with this every Friday the year out.

As I stated to the class during the week. I can't take any of the praise from other teachers as my work. Only you can change you, and only you can choose how to behave and interact, we can merely make suggestions and "punish" you :P I'm so proud and happy for you guys when I hear the Art and Music teacher tell me how well behaved and engaged you are. This is all your doing and I'm so happy for you.

Long update, so if I forgot something... well...

Bye

//TJ