Friday, 4 May 2018

Nooo!

Hi everyone,

First, we have a student teacher from Austria in our class the coming month. I was made aware of this on Friday after work, thus why it wasn't mentioned in the previous update. Her name is Claudia, and her main focus is to improve her professionalism and confidence, so lets try help her do this.

Yesterday I sprained my ankle, and unfortunately I also fell ill overnight. Which means that you most likely had a substitute today. This is unfortunate, as Claudia was scheduled to carry out her first lessons today. 

I have a few things to post though. In a short but eventful week, we had an Algebra test on Wednesday, and we went to Kungsträdgården on Thursday. And, I hope that the lessons today went as planned. 

Unfortunately we were to divide the plastic bottles between us, so that we all could make some paper mâché glue - to be used next week. If you have the chance, feel free to craft and bottle some over the weekend, otherwise we will do this next week, as we enjoy yet another long weekend. 

Recipe (scale as you please)

1/2 dl potato flour
4 dl water
3 tbsp sugar 

Combine half the flour with half the cold water. Pour this paste into 2dl of boiling water and stir until thickened and translucent. Once thickened and translucent, remove from the stovetop and add the sugar. Wait for the paste to cool enough and bottle it. (Short shelf-life)

We're going to start our middle ages project on Tuesday, and I'm working on the setup of lessons. We will find time to present our science projects, and I will attend to any inquiries regarding the algebra test that may have been raised today. 

As my last update, I'll post the requested baby pictures, which were gorgeous (thank you Hansika), but I mangled in the laminator, as well as the pictures from Kungsträdgården.